Stir Fried Saucy Chicken
1 chicken – cut into 8 pieces (700-800 gm broiler)
3 tbsp soya sauce, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp 8 and 8 sauce, 1 ¼ tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp black pepper (crushed coarsely), ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
1 tbsp of crushed garlic
- Marinate chicken with all above given ingredients for 10-15 minutes. Mix well.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Pick up the chicken pieces from the marinade and add to the oil, leaving the excess marinade behind in the bowl.
- Stir fry the chicken pieces on high heat, till brown on both sides. While stir frying the pieces, take care to keep them spread out apart. Do not overlap the pieces.
- Lower heat, add ½ cup water & leftover marinade in the bowl. Give 2 whistles in the cooker. Remove from heat immediately after the second whistle.
- Drop the pressure by putting cold water on the lid of the cooker. Dry the excess liquid by keeping on fire. Serve hot.