Cheesy Chicken Triangles
A quick & tasty snack.
6-8 slices of bread
1 boneless chicken breast (125 gms)
50 gm cheddar cheese or processed cheese grated
Some ready-made mustard paste – enough to spread, optional
Masala chili tomato sauce – enough to spread
½ tomato – pulp removed and cut into tiny squares
SAUCE (1 cup)
2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp flour
½ capsicum – chopped finely, 1 cup milk
½ tsp salt, ¼ tbsp freshly crushed peppercorns, or to taste
¼ cup cream
- Wash the chicken. Boil with ½ tsp salt in ½ cup water till tender or pressure cook with ½ cup water and ½ tsp salt to give 2-3 whistles. Debone the meat and cut into cubes to get about ¾ cup.
- To prepare the white sauce, melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Add flour and stir for a minute. Add capsicum. Stir for a few seconds. Remove from fire. Add milk, stirring continuously. Return to fire and cook, stirring continuously till thick. Add salt, pepper to taste. Remove from fire. Add cream. Keep the sauce aside.
- To the sauce, add boiled chicken, half of the cheese. Check seasonings and add more if required.
- Spread mustard paste or masala chili tomato sauce on each slice of bread.
- Spread the chicken mixture on the bread slices. Grate some cheese. Sprinkle a few tomato pieces. Sprinkle crushed peppercorns.
- Grill it in a hot oven for 7-8 minutes or till slightly brown. Remove from oven and cut diagonally to get 2 triangles.
Note: If you do not have masala chili tomato sauce, mix 2 tsp of red chili sauce to 2 tbsp tomato sauce.